Lords debates medicinal safety in ref to the public health scandals involving the hormone-based pregnancy test drug Primodos, the use of vaginal mesh implants and the anti-epilepsy drug sodium valproate.
- Interventions from Lord O’Shaughnessy, Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, Baroness Walmsley, Baroness Masham of Ilton, Baroness Cumberlege 36:28 , Lord Brennan, Lord Carrington, Lord Bethell, Baroness Bryan of Partick, Lord Alton of Liverpool 1:17:29 , Lord Suri, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, The Earl of Dundee, Baroness Jolly, Baroness Thornton, The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department of Health and Social Care (Baroness Blackwood of North Oxford).
- Read the Lords Hansard transcript.
- Parliamentary news, research briefing.
- Parliament news, press release.
- Video source, Parliament Tv.
- 2018 Studies :
- Oral hormone pregnancy tests and the risks of congenital malformations: a systematic review and meta-analysis, F1000Research, 31 Oct 2018, 7:1725, DOI:10.12688/f1000research.16758.1.
- The Primodos components Norethisterone acetate and Ethinyl estradiol induce developmental abnormalities in zebrafsh embryos, Nature, 13 Feb 2018, DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-21318-9.
- Westminster Hall debate pack : CDP-2019/0095, 18 April 2019.
- Read all our posts tagged primodos.
- Watch 80+ videos (ref primodos).
- To read some real stories told by the Primodos victims, see this post comment section.