“Parents who say their babies were damaged by a pregnancy test drug have warned manufacturers and the government that they are preparing to take legal action.”
Primodos, a pregnancy test drug, has led to a decades-long campaign by parents and children who claim it has caused a range of devastating birth defects.
In 2017, Sky News revealed how documents were destroyed and information withheld about the drug that may have deformed and killed babies in the womb.
Now, parents who say their babies were damaged by the drug have warned manufacturers and the government they are preparing to take legal action.
Lawyers representing more than 200 claimants accuse two drug companies and UK regulators of putting patients at risk.
- 2018 Studies :
- Oral hormone pregnancy tests and the risks of congenital malformations: a systematic review and meta-analysis, F1000Research, 31 Oct 2018, 7:1725, DOI:10.12688/f1000research.16758.1.
- The Primodos components Norethisterone acetate and Ethinyl estradiol induce developmental abnormalities in zebrafsh embryos, Nature, 13 Feb 2018, DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-21318-9.
- Westminster Hall debate pack : CDP-2019/0095, 18 April 2019.
- Read all our posts tagged primodos.
- Watch 90+ videos (ref primodos).
- To read some real stories told by the Primodos victims, see this post comment section.