a GP’s take on Big Pharma spruiking
I’m one of several doctors throwing their weight behind the new No Advertising Please campaign, vowing to avoid drug reps for a year. This should be reasonably easy for me, as I’ve been trying to avoid them for years – though no doubt I’ll be occasionally ambushed in tea rooms and corridors. Meanwhile, I’ll keep buying my own lunch, and relying on independent sources of medicines information.
Read Why I don’t see drug reps,
TheConversation, 9 October 2014.
- Problems with medicines
- Drug reps
- Do drug reps affect prescribing?
- The No Advertising Please campaign
- Evidence – Our posts tagged medical representatives…
- Institutional Corruption and Pharmaceutical Policy, Harvard University, July 31, 2013.
- Understanding why GPs see pharmaceutical representatives: a qualitative interview study, NCBI PMCID: PMC1314573, Apr 2003.