” …The summary of the joint World Health Organization-UN Environment Program (WHO-UNEP) report notes that there are about 800 chemicals known or suspected to be such hormone-altering, “endocrine-disrupting chemicals” (EDCs). Like the vast majority of chemicals in current use, most known or suspected EDCs have never been tested for impacts on our health… …Scientific data [about lead poisoning] were present many years before the policies were changed and the chemical was banned. During that time, children’s health continued to be harmed. So the question is, when are there sufficient data to act? Perhaps the answer is in making more use of the precautionary principle to ban or restrict chemicals in order to reduce exposure early, even when there are significant but incomplete data and before there is significant and long-lasting harm… ”
Read Hormones Out of Whack: The Global Threat From Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
by Michael Green, 2013.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancer, breast cancer, CCCC, vaginal cancer, screening.
- DES studies on fertility, gender identity, pregnancy.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and DES side-effects.
- DES articles on lawsuits and various studies.
- All our posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed and DES victims.
- Watch DES videos, read more about DES Daughters and DES Sons.
- Get updates via , , , , ,