When Meg Matthews gives a radio interview about the devastating effects a drug has had on her life she has no idea that there will be anyone else who has suffered in a similar way. But soon she is contacted by three other women who share the same terrible secret: Rachel, a woman struggling with a failing marriage, Jackie, with a series of unsuccessful gay relationships behind her and Avril, a recluse. Each one has their own story. Each one believed that they were alone. In any other circumstances their lives would never have crossed but now they are drawn together in friendship because of the terrible consequences of a drug prescribed to pregnant women for over forty years during the middle of the twentieth century. Used ostensibly to supposedly prevent miscarriages Stilboestrol (Diethylstilbestrol DES) caused unforeseen internal damage to the unborn daughters of these women that was not discovered for years. Alone, the four women were powerless; together they are a force to be reckoned with. Determined to bring publicity to the destruction caused by the drug they hit on an unusual and innovative idea to bring it to the public’s attention.
The Story of Silent Trauma is fiction – the facts are real…
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- All our posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed and DES victims.
- DES studies on cancer, breast cancer, CCA, vaginal cancer, screening.
- DES studies on fertility, gender identity, pregnancy.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and DES side-effects.
- DES articles on lawsuits and various studies.
- Watch DES videos, read more about DES Daughters and DES Sons.
- Get updates via , , , , ,