“ The Boston University researchers compared the age of menopause of 4,800 ‘DES daughters‘ with that of more 2,100 women whose mothers had not taken the drug. The DES daughters were 50 per cent more likely to have reached menopause early. And the more DES their mothers had taken, the greater the risk. Worst affected were those whose mothers had taken part in a DES trial in the Fifties ? these women were twice as likely to have reached menopause as others their age. “
- Read Pregnancy drug linked to an early menopause, Daily Mail, August 2006.
- Age at natural menopause in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero, NCBI, PMID: 16887893, 2006 Oct 1;164(7):682-8. Epub 2006 Aug 3. Full text Oxford Journals Medicine & Health International Journal of Epidemiology link.
- NCI, DES Follow-up Study Published Papers.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.