Diethylstilbestrol was also used as growth hormones and there was a huge scandal when DES was found in baby food in Germany (1980).
Original post Lebensmittelskandale in Deutschland, ndr.de, 10.04.2013.
DER SPIEGEL Der Tapfere, 46/1980.
It was also reported in Italy, in 1984 – PDF.
“… etiopathogenesis of gynoecomastia, early pseudopuberty, or troubles in the sex organs of school-age children described in Italy as well as in other countries during these later years.”
- How did You get your Dose of DES? with Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Vitamin Supplement?
- Read the Stilbosol story and all our posts tagged Stilbosol.
- My Year of Meats, by Ruth Ozeki, 1999.
- Cancer from Beef: DES, Federal Food Regulation, and Consumer Confidence,
by Marcus, Alan I, 1994.
- The Newest Knowledge of Nutrition: Wise Burroughs, DES, and Modern Meat,
by Marcus, Alan I. 1993.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.