Exposure to Diethylstilbestrol in the womb raises a woman’s risk of many cancers, according to a report published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Researchers studied over 6500 women, 4600 of whom were exposed to DES in the womb. Results showed that this exposure significantly increased risk of many cancers and fertility problems, including a 40x increased risk of clear-cell adenocarcinoma, 8x increased risk of neonatal death, 2.4x increased risk of infertility and a 1.8x increased risk of breast cancer.
- Video from Insidermedicine In 60 on YouTube.
- Watch our compilation of DES Videos in English on DES Diethylstilbestrol website.
- Subscribe to our Diethylstilboestrol video channel.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- Posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.