Bloomberg News is the first word in business and finance
” Johnson & Johnson’s (JNJ) Janssen Pharmaceuticals failed to inform expectant mothers of risks that its epilepsy drug Topamax could cause birth defects, a lawyer for the mother of a Virginia 6-year-old told a jury. April Czimmer wouldn’t have taken Topamax for more than six months had she known the risks associated with the drug, her attorney Tommy Fibich said in opening statements today in state court in Philadelphia. Czimmer blames the drug for her son’s cleft palate and lip and claims Janssen negligently failed to inform patients about its risks until the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ordered stronger warnings in 2011. “
Continue reading Janssen’s Topamax Users Blame Drug for Birth Defects, by Sophia Pearson, Bloomberg, 15 Oct 2013
All our posts tagged AEDs – Topamax – Topiramate – Valproate
Posted by Dominique “DES Daughter” Le Metayer on 13/11/2013
Archival footage from 1989 with Attorney Stephen Sheller P.C., Dorie Lenz Public Affairs Director on WPHL-TV and Sue Lawler DES Action PA.
The interview addresses the following questions and many more:
- What if a DES Daughter marries a DES Son?
- Why is it so important to educate not only the medical profession but also consumers about DES and its devastating side effects?
- How did a drug – once given in full faith to prevent miscarriage – end up being given as a Day After Pill?
- How comes the Department of Agriculture banned the use of DES in animals before it was banned in pregnant women?
- Why did DES continue to be prescribed after a 1953 study suggested that DES was ineffective to prevent miscarriage?
- Why was DES marketed for use in pregnancy even though it had never been tested on pregnant animals?
Video published on Jul 19, 2012 by ShellerPC.
Watch our compilation of DES Videos in English on DES Diethylstilbestrol website.
Subscribe to our YouTube Diethylstilboestrol DES video channel.
Posted by Dominique “DES Daughter” Le Metayer on 11/08/2012
Archival footage from late 1980s with Attorney Stephen Sheller, P.C. on AM Philadelphia which brings the DES matter to people’s attention and acknowledges the devastating side effects of this drug on women and men and over three generations.
Video published on Jul 12, 2012 by ShellerPC.
Watch our compilation of DES Videos in English on YouTube via the Diethylstilboestrol Channel.
Posted by Dominique “DES Daughter” Le Metayer on 30/07/2012