Join me in giving the Thumbs Up to cancer survivor, swimmer and DES daughter Susan Helmrich who took part in Swim Across America last September to raise funds for pediatric cancer researchers. Go Susan! You’re an amazing women and inspiration to many DES daughters and cancer victims.
All posts tagged Cancer survivor
Posted by DES Daughter on 04/04/2013
Susan Helmrich is one of the best swimmers in the world in her age group. She’s also a three-time cancer survivor and a victim of one of the greatest drug tragedies in history. Learn about DES, the drug that has affected millions of pregnant women and vote on the survey to see the results.
Posted by DES Daughter on 15/02/2013
This is the story of an AMAZING woman! How a beautiful DES Daughter managed to overcome life threatening DES health issues with her positive attitude and passion for swimming …
Related post: Beating Cancer One Lap at a Time
Posted by DES Daughter on 10/01/2013
DES Daughters Andrea Goldstein and Caitlin McCarthy interviews
More about DES Daughters
- Read inspiring life stories of DES Daughters on Scoop.it.
- Meet some amazing DES activists on Pinterest.
- Find Susan B.’s book “DES Daughters” and Stephanie’s book “Moi, Fille Distilbène” on Flickr.
- Follow DES Daughters Carol @DESAustraliaNSW, Caitlin @WONDERDRUGMOVIE, Fran @DESActionUSA, Domino @des_journal and Karen @DESInfo411 on Twitter.
- Watch Caitlin, Jackie and Susan H. interviews via our DES video page or via our compilation of DES Videos in English on YouTube via the Diethylstilboestrol Channel.
- Read how my personal DES journey started, the story about my battle with DES doctors in the UK and more posts about DES Daughters.
Posted by DES Daughter on 06/06/2012
Susan Helmrich is one of the best swimmers in the world in her age group. She’s also a three-time cancer survivor and a victim of one of the greatest drug tragedies in history. With luck, determination, great medical care, the support of family and friends and the benefits of the sport of swimming, Susan has fought to escape the deadly legacy of a supposed wonder drug turned nightmare.
Posted by DES Daughter on 16/02/2012